Hello Christmas Newsers!
Today, more than 500 million children are living in countries affected by emergencies such as conflicts and natural disasters. Garnier Brand Ambassador, Mandy Moore, has partnered with Whole Blends and UNICEF to raise awareness and funding to provide relief and help restore a sense of normalcy in children’s lives by lending her voice and platform to the cause.
There are two ways to participate in Garnier’s mission to raise funds for UNICEF USA. From today through December 31, $1 of every purchase of the exclusive Whole Blends Holiday Kit sold at Walmart will support five children living in emergency situations for a day to have the opportunity to play, learn and heal.
Additionally, on Saturday, November 10, Garnier Whole Blends will host a donation campaign on the @GarnierUSA Instagram page. Garnier will invite the social community to comment a blue heart emoji on the @GarnierUSA post featuring the Whole Blends x UNICEF Holiday Kits from 10:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST. Each blue heart will amount to a $1 donation by Garnier to UNICEF USA, up to a $10,000. No purchase necessary.
This year marks the second year of Garnier’s three-year global partnership with UNICEF. In 2017, Garnier established a worldwide commitment to support UNICEF with $1.3 million already donated in 2017 and a minimum of $2.2 million guaranteed in 2018.
UNICEF, which operates in more than 190 countries and territories, responds to children’s needs by providing safe water and hygiene, nutrition, health and protection and gives hope for the future by creating safe spaces for children to play and learn.
“UNICEF is grateful for Garnier’s partnership and commitment to building a better future for the next generation,” said Caryl M. Stern, President and CEO of UNICEF USA. “With Garnier’s support, we can better respond to the most vulnerable in emergencies, help restore a sense of normalcy, and fight for the survival of children who face incredibly tough circumstances.”
It costs UNICEF 20 cents to help support one child in an emergency situation for a day. Now through December 31, 2018, $1 from every purchase of a Whole Blends Holiday Kit at Walmart or Walmart.com will be donated to UNICEF USA with a minimum guaranteed donation of $300,000*.
The funding from the sale of the Whole Blends Holiday Kits supports UNICEF’s work in emergencies, which could include providing the following kits:
- The UNICEF School-in-a-Box Kit helps give children access to education in the world’s most challenging locations. This hard-shelled, aluminum box has everything a teacher needs to carry on classes for three months for 40 students.
- The UNICEF Early Childhood Development Kit can help 50 young children under the age of six to play and develop their skills in a time of stress. Kit contents include: puzzles and games, counting circle and boxes to stack and sort, board books and puppets for storytelling, art supplies, soaps and water containers for promoting hygiene.
- The UNICEF Recreation Kit is a game kit that can help 90 children recover from trauma through team sports with a teacher.
- The UNICEF Hygiene Kit is filled with essential items to help households safeguard family health in the aftermath of natural disasters.
For more information visit: www.garnierusa.com/unicef and follow the conversation on social media at #GarnierSupportsUNICEF.
* In support of UNICEF’s mission to help all children survive and thrive, Garnier USA will donate $1 for every Whole Blends Holiday Kit sold between November 8 and December 31, 2018, with a minimum guaranteed donation of $300,000. No part of the purchase price is tax deductible. UNICEF does not endorse any company, product or service. For more information, visit www.garnierusa.com/unicef.
If you would like to support the creators behind this website this holiday season feel free to leave a donation. Thank you in advance!